- Turn a bad idea into a good idea by asking “why?”
- Win the mind game.
To harness the power of others’ unconscious brains, kick off every important dialogue with your pearly whites. “If I smile at someone, mirror neurons mimic that behavior. To some extent, that person smiles inside.”
- Cut the urgency BS. “High Priority” emails will get you no where.
- Tackle failure.
- Avoid blame.
- Ask questions.
- Make failure a regular part of conversation.
- Understand your quiet colleagues.
- Explain an idea.
- Keep explanations clear and simple.
What are some other tips for navigating conversation in the workplace?
Want more from Fast Company on conversations?
- How Do You Foster Intelligent Conversation?
- Talk Is Cheap. Let’s Have A Conversation
- The One Conversational Tool That Will Make You Better At Absolutely Everything
[Image: Marekuliasz via Shutterstock][Post: m.cecelia bittner]
Be positive. Be part of the solution and not part of the problem. Banish negativity.
- jeremyau reblogged this from fastcompany
- adeleblancsec reblogged this from studio630
- apocalypticute reblogged this from flavorpill
- studio630 reblogged this from fastcompany
- wingtipsandloafers reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- tardiscrash likes this
- thewrongbox reblogged this from flavorpill
- arshias likes this
- jayronningaway reblogged this from flavorpill
- queennarwhal reblogged this from chiitomero
- theextra-ordinary likes this
- stars-with-scars likes this
- allow-me-to-speak reblogged this from oh-my-stars-in-heaven
- oh-my-stars-in-heaven reblogged this from chiitomero
- oh-my-stars-in-heaven likes this
- chiitomero reblogged this from eggsammich
- eggsammich reblogged this from flavorpill
- ucla-leadershape reblogged this from fastcompany
- inspirethereal reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- danieltimiraos reblogged this from flavorpill and added:
- hungrygh0sts likes this
- muezik22 reblogged this from fastcompany
- steppen likes this
- zillabopbaby likes this
- lilpkstud likes this
- hallywoods likes this
- carmeleva reblogged this from fastcompany
- dimsyniad likes this
- hope-invested-in-concept likes this
- haniwasubmarine likes this
- heyjessibrown likes this
- dayvough reblogged this from blankphotoperson
- zohalsarwari likes this
- gazealongtheopenroad likes this
- blankphotoperson reblogged this from fastcompany
- blankphotoperson likes this
- breathe-smoke likes this
- prettycoldhearted likes this
- the-nomadic-writer likes this
- aa25 likes this
- mrvcast likes this
- shaneguiter likes this
- cupcakexluv likes this
- vivasweetlove likes this
- globalbookmark likes this
- gcp42487 likes this
- stoweboyd likes this
- selloutsamizdat reblogged this from flavorpill and added:
- hrbushido reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
About A Sellout's Samizdat
My journalism career sucked, and that ship's headed for the deep anyway, so I sold out. My corporate job is a joke by comparison, but it's fun in many ways to be a drone to capitalism. Here's my story of what it's like to be a sellout - published in modern-day Soviet samizdat style. If my boss knew, I'd get sent to Siberia. And while I'm at it, why not poke fun at the dumb behavior of my former tribe?
Ask me anything How Did You Sell Out With Style?